THE VISION MOVES ON…
Last March 6, 2008, fifty eight years after Grace Christian High School was born, the vision of one of its founders, Mrs. Julia L. Tan, to expand the school into a college became a living reality when the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) officially approved the GCHS amended Constitution and By-laws. The seed that was planted added a new sturdy branch that has elevated Grace Christian High School to Grace Christian College. Grace Christian College will “integrate academic excellence with biblical truths to produce global Christian leaders.”
Grace Christian College went through years of labor pains before it finally came into being. There were papers to be approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) curricula to be submitted to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), high caliber faculty to be screened; new facilities to be constructed. Classrooms at Grace Christian College are all wi-fi ready. Every classroom is provided with white screen, LCD monitor and is air-conditioned. Students will not need paper and pencil to take down notes. All of them will come to class with laptops.
As early as in its inception stage the Administration of Grace Christian College has already been thinking of innovations that will truly make Grace Christian College unique and attractive to its stakeholders. It was decided that Grace Christian College shall stand above other higher education institutions in the following aspects:
- Strong Faculty. All faculty members shall have at least a masteral degree. Also, all of them shall teach only their field of specialization.
- Strong linkage with multinational companies. Grace Christian College believes that whatever students learn in the classroom is much more appreciated if supplemented by practical experiences gained in the workplace. At this stage, Grace Christian College has already memorandum of agreement with IBM, Texas Instrument, FILINVEST Land Incorporated, Meralco, China Bank, LRT, and Swift Foods, Inc.
- Strong Partnership with international institution of high education. Grace Christian College believes in global exposure of its faculty and students to make them more relevant to the challenges of change in the global community. This early Grace Christian College has already signed sister-school relationship with Tam Kang Senior High School in Taiwan, and Yum-Kwang Christian School in Korea. Also, memorandum of understanding with Chung Yuan Christian University, National Taiwan Normal University, and Chang Yung Christian University. Similar agreements will soon be signed with Grace University and Regent University in the U.S.A.
- Strong interactive education via satellite. In this technological age of communication super highway, Grace Christian College believes education should take advantage of communication technology. If we cannot bring outstanding faculty of various disciplines to Grace Christian College physically due to time and financial constraint, we can bring them to students through internet, since all classrooms are equipped to access the internet.
- Strong integration of academic excellence with biblical truths. Grace Christian College will be recognized not only for producing graduates who are top in academics, but who are also rooted in biblical truths and values. They shall be servant leaders of integrity, who consistently live for God, others and country.
- Strong Center for Chinese Language and Culture (CCLC). Grace Christian College does not forget its Chinese roots. It does not forget either the fact that China is fast becoming an economic super power. Thus the CCLC is established to cultivate its roots, as well as to pave the opportunity to link with China’s leap to economic growth and political prominence. Graduates who can speak Mandarin will have an edge over their counterparts who cannot communicate the language CCLC shall supervise and spearhead the offering of Mandarin as a required foreign language to regular students. It shall also offer conversational and business Mandarin on a shorter term to the community. Calligraphy, Chinese painting and literature will also be introduced. All of the above features of GCC will enable our students and graduates to compete globally and to succeed.
Indeed, the Vision Moves On until it reaches the farthest horizon!